MV Transportation Partnership
The MV Transportation Partnership is a collaboration between the City of Lawrence, KU on Wheels, MV Transportation, and KU Experiential Learning to provide funding and opportunities for students to engage in applied learning projects.
2017-2018 Request for Course-based Project Proposals
Up to three $1000 stipends are available for KU Instructors of Record who plan to integrate a transit related applied learning project into a Spring 2018 course. In addition to the stipend, instructors may submit a project budget that can request up to $1000 to cover materials, books, and other project supplies.
Representatives from MV Transportation, KU on Wheels, and Lawrence Transit will be available to answer questions.
Application form and proposal documents can be submitted on online here.
Proposal submission deadline: October 27, 2017 at Noon CST.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can the public transit experience in Lawrence, Kansas be improved?
- What features would make using the public transportation system in Lawrence enjoyable and personal?
- How can Lawrence public transit and KU on Wheels better communicate the value of the public transit system in Lawrence?
- How can meaningful experiences be created in a space that is traditionally transactional and utilitarian in nature?
- What is the future of public transit and how can KU best partner with vendors such as MV Transit to meet the needs of the community?
- Describe the course and student learning outcomes.
- Describe the transportation-related project students in the class will complete and how the project supports course learning outcomes.
- Outline how student learning will be assessed.
- Teach a spring 2018 class that will integrate a transportation-related applied learning project into the course content.
- Have students publicly present final project and defined deliverables based on project proposal at the end of the Spring 2018. Deliverables can include but are not limited to scale models, project book, performance, video, data report, material samples, financial model, etc. as appropriate for the class project.
- Have students participate in a group reflection session at the end of the project with transit representatives at the end of the semester.